Peace

Peace

Friday, December 16, 2016

City of Legends by Cheyenne Young

City of Legends by Cheyanne Young was a pleasantly surprising young adult fantasy novel. I have read many books in my days that have all had similar premises, yet I have yet to come across a plot like this one. City of Legends tells the story of a world where Supers (super heroes), have existed and lived in a society apart from humans for as long as anyone can remember. The main protagonist, Maci Knight, has grown up watching her father and brother, who are both Heroes worshipped by Supers and Humans alike, fight to protect the humans from villains. She has trained her whole life, and wants nothing more than to become a Hero and protect humankind. However, on the day before her 18th birthday, the day she will officially test to become a Hero, she learns that she was born a twin, and this is a secret that changes everything. In the Super world, when a set of twins are born, one twin ALWAYS turns into a villain, but there is no way of knowing which twin will be good or evil. Burdened with this knowledge, and fighting growing feelings such as violence, rage, and revenge, she finds herself wondering if she will ever become the Hero she has waited all of her life to be.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed the other characters, and learning about what it is like to live as a Super. However, I felt like the character’s descriptions and cultural descriptions were a bit lacking. I would have enjoyed learning more about their world, etc. It was a very fast paced book, and I read it in one sitting. It had a lot of action, and a bit of romance in it, which is always good. I will definitely be reading the other ones in the series, and I am looking forward to learning what happens to Maci and the other Supers.
Note: I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review from NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment