Peace

Peace

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Bathsheba by Angela Hunt

Bathsheba: Reluctant Beauty by Angela Hunt was a great book. This is the first book I have read from Angela Hunt’s A Dangerous Beauty series, and I hope I receive the opportunity to read the others in this series as well. This novel is a retelling of the biblical story of Bathsheba. It starts out as Bathsheba as a child, destined to be mother to a great man. Eventually Bathsheba becomes engaged to Uriah, who is a warrior for King David. Uriah leaves to go to war, and Bathsheba is left behind with her sister and former nursemaid. She is a very beautiful woman, and eventually she catches the eye of King David. King David eventually rapes her, and when she moves into the palace as one of his wives her life changes forever.


I greatly enjoyed reading this book. It was very well written, and the Old Testament biblical story came to life with her writing. She really did her research, and this entire book was well thought out. I enjoyed reading the author's take on this story. I like how we saw David’s remorse at the sin he committed, and that we got to see Bathsheba learn how to forgive and care for the man who essentially ruined her life. It was overall a very engaging novel, and had biblical principles and ideas throughout. I definitely recommend this book, and hope I get the chance to read the other novels by Angela Hunt.

Note: I recieved this book for free in exchange for my honest review from Bethany House Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment