Peace

Peace

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Link by Summer Wier

Link, by Summer Wier, was a surprising read. It is a young adult sci-fi book, and the first novel in The Shadow of Light series. It was interesting and different than many other books I have read lately. Kira, who is the main character, was celebrating her eighteenth birthday with her friends at a lake in the woods, when a falling star collided with her and she found herself torn between two different worlds. The falling star that collided with her transported Kira to the center of a black hole, and an interesting world filled with carnivals, gypsies, and of course a mysteriously attractive boy. However, she only has a certain amount of time before her star dies and she will be trapped in whatever world she is in when that happens. Because of this she finds herself in a race against time to save her past and her future.
All in all, I greatly enjoyed this book. I had not expected the book to have the unique plot that it does. It addressed many “what ifs?” that we humans have had for centuries: life in other galaxies, black holes, alternative worlds, etc. This book was full of pleasant surprises.  It messed with my mind just enough to keep me thoroughly entertained and I enjoyed the scientific theories mixed in with the plot. Overall, I recommend this book to young adult science fiction lovers, and hopefully I will be able to read the next books in the series to find out what happens to Kira and the other characters.


Note: I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review from NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment