Peace

Peace

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Elora of Stone by Jamie Lee Mann

I chose to read and review Elora of Stone because it had been many many years since I had read a book geared towards middle school children and wanted to see what they were like again. Elora of Stone is written by Jamie Lee Mann and is the first in the Legend of Rhyme series. The story centers around four year old twins, Asher and Ariana who are the children of one with a pure heart and a powerful magician. One day when the twins are playing the woods, Asher vanishes. His family searches and searches for him, but eventually believe him to be dead. You see, in the Kingdom of Falmoor, twins are cursed. Since the day the evil sorcerer Larque turned the good witch Elora to stone, one of each set of twin have been mysteriously vanishing. Ariana is now about to turn 13, when she finds out that her brother is alive and in order to save Falmoor, she has to find him and use their magical bond to release Elora and stop Larque from his dark purpose.

I found this book to be a very fun and enjoyable story. It was nice to read something easy and that was not filled with darkness and love triangles. This book is targeted for children aged 9-12, and I would definitely recommend it for that age group. If I had children, I would not be worried about them reading this book, unlike a lot of other books that are so popular right now.


Note: I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review from NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment