Peace

Peace

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Bloodmark by Aurora Whittet

Bloodmark, by Aurora Whittet was, overall, a good read. The story centers around 16 year old Ashling, who is a werewolf princess. However, it was apparent from birth that Ashling was different from the other wolves, in that she was able to shift into her wolf form from birth, when she should not have been able to do that until puberty. Because of this, she is sent by her father to live isolated from her kind in the Ireland countryside. Then, one day when she was fourteen years old, she was summoned by her father to his kingdom. She thought that this was her chance to finally be accepted as a member of the pack and royal family. It turns out, however, that her father had agreed to marry her off. From this point on in the book, her life takes a turn for the worse when another rival pack begins to hunt her. She is sent to the human world to hide, and while there meets an unusual and rebellious boy named Grey, whom she finds herself falling in love with.
Like many other reviews, I thought this book had the potential to be an excellent book. The plot idea was fantastic, and different than many other werewolf based books out there. It started out strong, but when she met Grey, the book became a little awkward for me. I really enjoy a relationship that builds, where the characters get to know each other first. That did not happen, because they instantly fell in love. While I would have liked their relationship to develop a bit more slowly, that did not ruin the rest of the book for me. I still really enjoyed it overall, and had to read it in one sitting so that I could find out what was going to happen. I also really enjoyed the ending and how it set up and framed the plot for the next book. I am looking forward to reading the next book, and cannot wait to see what happens!


Note: I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review from NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment