Peace

Peace

Friday, October 23, 2015

The Last of the Firedrakes by Farah Oomberbhoy

I really enjoyed reading The Last of the Firedrakes. This book is the first book in the series entitled the Avalonia Chronicles, and is written by Farah Oomberbhoy. I received this book as an advanced reader's copy through NetGalley, and I have to say I was not disappointed. The Last of the Firedrakes is a story about orphaned 16 year old Aurora. She has a tough time fitting in and school and is mistreated by her adopted family. One evening, she finds herself kidnapped, and dragged through a painting into a magic but dangerous world called Avalonia which is filled with fairies, mages, and evil queens.  While there, Aurora learns the truth about her parents, and must fight for her future and the future of all Avalonia.



Overall, I thought this novel was great. I thought that Farah did a good job creating the characters and developing their stories throughout the book. The main character, Aurora, was such a strong protagonist. She showed incredible bravery and power, yet she also had moments of weakness and self-doubt. I was hooked from the beginning, and to be honest, I could not put this book down until I was finished with it. It was intriguing and I just had to know what would happen. Plus, there was a bit of romance mixed in that was filled with mystery and secrets, which makes the reader want to know what is going to happen as well. I simply cannot wait to read the next installment. I give this book 8.5 out of 10, and would definitely recommend this book to lovers of young adult fantasy and magical stories.

Note: I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review from NetGalley. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this lovely review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the book so much.

    Best wishes
    Farah

    ReplyDelete