Peace

Peace

Monday, October 12, 2015

Illuminate by Tracy Clark

Illuminate by Tracy Clark was overall an entertaining and very worthwhile read. However, it is the third and final installment in the Light Keys Trilogy, and I have not had the opportunity to read the first two books in the series, so in the beginning I was a bit lost because it picks up basically where the second book ends. This being said, I still greatly enjoyed the book. The story line and plot was fascinating. I also greatly enjoyed the fact that the novel combined history, religion, and magic in a enchanting and beautiful way.


           While this book seems to be geared towards a young adult audience, it is very different from the young adult books that are popular today. Cora, the main protagonist and the one who is searching for the ancient clues, is in love with two men. One of them is a Scintilla like her, while the other is an Arazzi, the mortal enemy of the Scintilla. She knows she must choose between them, and this is where the book differs from others I have read recently because her choosing between them is not the main focus of the story. Her trying to do the right thing, save the world and save the people she loves is.  As I mentioned above, I have not read the other two in the series, but from just reading this one, I can tell that the series is a fantastic battle between light and dark, and I cannot wait to read the other two in the series. I enthusiastically recommend this series for all. 

Note: I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review from Net Galley.

No comments:

Post a Comment