Peace

Peace

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Palace of Darkness by Tracy L. Higley

       I recently received Palace of Darkness by Tracy L. Higley to read and review. The novel is in the genre of historical Christian fiction and was an amazing book. Palace of Darkness takes place in A.D. 106 and revolves around Cassia and her little six year old son Alexander. The story starts with Cassia and Alexander losing an abusive husband/ father. Because of this they leave their home and flee to Petra in order to find her late husband's family. Everything is not as it seems in Petra, however, and they soon find themselves in a troubling situation with the royal family. It is revealed that Alexander has royal blood in his veins, and he is snatched from his mother and taken into the darkness of the palace. Cassia is devastated, but finds help from the followers of the Way, a religious group who follow and live their lives for Jesus.


       This novel also has a bit of romance thrown in, and the biblical undertones make the book that much better. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and cannot wait to read other novels written by Higley. Palace of Darkness is a novel about love and acceptance and trying to find your place in the world. As a Christian, reading this reminded me in little ways about God's love for me and the great plan that He has for my life. Overall, I highly recommend this book, as well as others by Tracy L. Higley. 
       Note: I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review from BookLook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment