Peace

Peace

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Crater Trueblood and the Lunar Rescue Company by Homer Hickam

       Crater Trueblood and the Lunar Rescue Company was a very interesting novel. It was written by Homer Hickam and is the third installment in his Helium 3 series. The novels “Crater” and “Crescent” precede it. The main character of this book (as well as the other two) is a man named Crater Trueblood who owns a business that specializes in search and rescue. He, along with his warrior friend Crescent must come to the aid of his former love Maria Medaris, the co-leader of the richest and most powerful family on the moon.




       I have to be honest, this was not my favorite book that I have read recently. In fact, I really did not want to read it one I found out that it was not the first in the series. I think that if I had read the other two books, this book would be a thousand times more enjoyable for me. Actually, in the future I am going to read the whole series, because I love science fiction, and I am sure I will love these books as well. That being said, because of the fact that all the characters and relationships had already been introduced and developed, I found that I did not connect with any of the characters like I usually do. Crater and Maria has already fallen in love, and all of the characters previous adventures were mentioned frequently, but not in enough detail. However, it was still a good book, and I look forward to rereading it after reading the first two in the series.

Note: I received this book for free from BookLook in exchange for my honest review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment