Peace

Peace

Saturday, June 7, 2014

"Finding Spiritual Whitespace: Awakening Your Soul to Rest"

This post is part of the “Finding Spiritual Whitespace Blog Tour” which I am a part of, along with a group of soulful, journeying kindreds. To learn more and join us, CLICK HERE!
About the book:
Move beyond surviving to a rejuvenating place of soul rest.
How many of us find ourselves running on empty with no time for rest, no time for ourselves, no time for God? Bonnie Gray knows what that's like. On the brink of fulfilling a lifelong dream, she saw her plans shatter into a journey through painful memories a
nd anxiety. In her search for answers, she made an important discovery: we all need spiritual whitespace.
          I found the novel, “Finding Spiritual Whitespace” to be an excellently written novel. The novel is written by Bonnie Gray, who is the writer behind Faith Barista.com. She wrote this book about her inspiring, heartbreaking journey to find rest, which garnered Publisher’s Weekly starred review. I am taking the journey to find rest through this guidebook and I invite you too read it too. You can get a copy HERE.


          “Finding Spiritual Whitespace” was one of those books where you sit down to read it and it completely consumes your attention. I enjoyed every minute that was spent reading it, and while I did not dive as deep as I wanted to into the book this first time around, I plan to go back , read it again and use it as a way to truly find what my spiritual whitespace looks like. It is an excellent way to further your relationship with Christ as well and if used properly will help you start your journey towards finding rest in Jesus. Within the book, Bonnie Gray tells of her her own painful journey with PTSD that actually arose from writing the novel. She also reveals how to awaken our own souls to spiritual rest and also how to become closer to Christ. In her words: “Spiritual Whitespace makes room- room in our hearts for a deeper, more intimate relationship with God, room in our lives for rest, room in our souls for rejuvenation.

          The book is written in a way that encourages the reader to pause and ponder. Each chapter ends with various prompts and tools for prayer, discussion, etc; I loved this and when I go back and read it again these will definitely help me to dive deeper and soak up the material and wisdom being presented. I also highly recommend this book to all who want to heal and find peace. 
          Favorite quote/ passage: “God is the Artist and Architect of the soul. He doesn't use up every single possible space on the canvas. When God looked at what he was holding- after placing his lips and breathing into the dust- he saw something come alive. Something he never, ever made before. It's what God sees, looking into your heart and mine today. He is making something beautiful out of you.”

Note: I was given this book for free in exchange for my honest review from Revell.



No comments:

Post a Comment